Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cooking for Jack... and me!



So... have you ever had the opportunity to cook any of the recipes out of Cooks Illustrated? I believe that's the name of the magazine my friend uses to cook and boy, oh boy, did he cook last night!! I'm amazed every other week by his culinary skills - it's quite delicious! 

First, I have to tell you that we have this 24 thing going... we are obsessed with Jack Bauer - seriously! So, every week we take turns cooking a meal before the big show and last night was a doozie - can you believe that Tony Almeida is such a bad guy after everything he and Jack have been through? I'm SO disappointed!! Maybe he's in cahoots with the President's daughter - cause she's sleazy as they get!!

Okay, back to the meal - he made Grilled Teriyaki Beef , some fantastic fried brown rice with mushrooms and broccoli and a salad that he topped with his home-grown tomatoes! Now, I ask you...WHAT AM I GOING TO MAKE NEXT WEEK TO TOP THAT?? Jeez, I wish he'd take it down a notch, this is getting ridiculous! Last week the pressure was too great so I took us out for wings - but, they were GREAT wings! Okay, okay, I know... epic fail. 

I'll do better next week and let you know - 

No comments:

Post a Comment